Please take the time to read the Terms & Conditions of Mili Adventure Africa. Confirming a rental or booking with Mili Adventure Africa assumes that you have read, fully understand and accept the terms and conditions described below.
The “Owner” means “Mili Adventure Africa”, “You” or the “Hirer” means the person(s) who have signed the car rental agreement, The “Rental Agreement” means the rental agreement made between You and the Owner, “Vehicle” means the vehicle which is rented by you, as described in your online reservation form. The Hirer shall return the Vehicle on the agreed date and time, as specified in your online reservation form unless the Owner has specifically agreed otherwise. No refunds shall be given for early returns.
The Hirer shall have a valid driver’s license (of the country of residence and/or an International Driver’s License). It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that he/she carries the driver’s license with him/her whilst driving. The Vehicle is to be operated only by the Hirer who has signed the rental agreement and his authorized travel companions.
Any loss or damages arising from the use of the vehicle by an unauthorized driver shall be borne by the Hirer. Any losses or serious damages to the camping gear shall be charged to the Hire at replacement value. Any fine or penalty from the traffic police shall be settled by the Hirer.
The Vehicle is rented with a full tank of fuel and shall be returned to the Owner with a full tank in order to prevent refuelling charges. The Hirer is required to fill up on fuel only at larger gas stations. In some of the smaller gas stations, fuel can be mixed with other liquids or additives, which may seriously damage the Vehicle’s engine.
All Vehicles are checked and serviced before being rented out and you will receive the vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition. The Hirer shall return the vehicle in the same condition as it was provided at the start of the rental. You are responsible for the Vehicle during the rental period and you will use the Vehicle in accordance with good driving practices and in compliance with all country laws. Your maintenance of the vehicle includes checking engine oil and other lubricants, coolant water, and tire pressure.
We recommend doing so every time you are topping up fuel. The costs of the Vehicle’s maintenance during the rental period shall be covered by the Hirer. Failure to maintain appropriate fluid levels may result in engine damage, for which damage the Hirer shall be liable. If any dashboard warning lights illuminate, the Hirer should consult the car symbol checklist and, in case of doubt, contact the Mili Adventure Africa office.
Mechanical Breakdowns & Repairs
In case of a mechanical breakdown of the vehicle which cannot be repaired within 24 hours and which is not the result of your negligence, fault, or that of an approved driver, a replacement vehicle will be provided and paid for by the Owner on the shortest term possible. Kindly note that replacement vehicles will have to come from the Arusha Mili Adventure Africa’s head office. In case the vehicle needs to be repaired during the rental period, the Hirer ensures that;
- Mili Adventure Africa is contacted for authorization prior to any repairs to the vehicle.
- A receipt is issued and given to Mili Adventure Africa upon return of the Vehicle
- When taking the vehicle to any garage, valuables items should not be left in the vehicle as it is not uncommon for items to be stolen at the garage. Hirers are required to replace items lost or stolen from the vehicle (including spare tires, jacks, and other tools which come with the vehicle).
In case of an accident, whether it is your fault or those of the third party, the Hirer shall always immediately notify Mili Adventure Africa and take pictures of the damaged vehicle and the other vehicle(s) involved in the accident. In case of an incident involving one or more vehicle(s), details of these vehicle(s) and their driver(s) should be identified and reported, such as the driver’s ID, telephone number, number plate, and insurance registration number. After an accident, the Hirer should not leave the vehicle unattended, as it is not uncommon for unattended vehicles to be vandalized.
Damages, Waiver, and Insurance
Subject to this clause, the Hirer is liable;
- For the loss of or any damage to the hired vehicle during the rental period.
- For all third-party property damage of any person, which is caused or contributed to by the Hirer or an approved driver or which arises from the use of the vehicle by the Hirer or an approved driver
- For all third-party bodily injury, which is caused or contributed to by the Hirer or an approved driver or which arises from the use of the vehicle by the Hirer or an approved driver.
In the event of an unintended collision between the vehicle and any other object (including another vehicle) during the rental period that results in damage to the vehicle or to the property of any third party, Mili Adventure Africa waives your liability provided;
- Mili Adventure Africa agrees that you and/or the approved driver were not at fault.
In the event of theft of the vehicle during the rental period, Mili Adventure Africa waives your liability provided;
- The car was parked at a secured, private compound and there are clear signs of a break-in such as a damaged garage door.
- You have processed and cleared a police report
- You have provided Mili Adventure Africa with any details of the incident that Mili Adventure Africa requests.
Mili Adventure Africa Insurance will not waive your liability damages arising if any of the following events has occurred:
- Driving in excess of speed limits. The maximum speed limit inside the Parks is 25 km/hour.
- Single vehicle incidents or rollover.
- Damage to the vehicle is caused by careless, willful, or reckless driving.
- Damage to the vehicle is caused by a lack of proper care/maintenance of the vehicle.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Driving on restricted roads/areas.
- Water submersion or saltwater damage is caused
- Wrong fuel use.
The following damages do not fall under the waiver subject to this paragraph and are NOT covered by the Mili Adventure Africa Insurance:
- Personal bodily injury and/or belongings of the Hirer or the approved driver. The Hirer is advised to obtain travel and medical insurance.
- Underbody coverage and damage to the underbody of the vehicle are considered a result of careless driving.
Mili Adventure Africa shall, to the maximum extent permitted by law, not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury of any nature of the Hirer or the approved driver. Mili Adventure Africa cannot accept liability or pay compensation for unforeseen circumstances beyond its control or its staff, including flight delays/cancellations or acts of government or other authorities, road closures, extreme weather conditions, fire, technical and/or mechanical problems to transport and all similar events beyond Mili Adventure Africa control.
The booking is concluded after acceptance by the traveller (this can be done by telephone or by email) of the offer proposed by us. After you have agreed to book the trip with us, you will receive an online lease agreement form. You must sign this form. After we have received the signed lease form, you will receive an online confirmation. If you have signed the lease agreement form, you are committed to the booking. You are not obliged to send a copy of your passport. You have the right to only provide us with the necessary information.
Payment of the trip
Payments/deposits for car rental can be made by Bank Transfer to our account or cash on arrival. Twenty-five per cent of the travel sum + 4.5% bank charges must be paid in advance when booking. The full travel sum must be transferred no later than seven days before departure. If you have booked a trip with different conditions, it is possible that you must pay the full travel sum immediately. Your travel documents will be sent approximately 7 days before the start of the trip.
For changes after booking, we will charge you $ 20 administration costs + any additional costs arising from the change.
The following cancellation conditions apply for any bookings. If you have booked a trip with Mili Adventure Africa, the following amounts are due in the event of cancellation by the traveller:
- Cancel up to 40 days before the day of departure: 25% of the total travel sum
- Cancellation from 30 days to 20 days before the day of departure: 50% of the total travel sum
- Cancellation from 19 days to 13 days before the day of departure: 75% of the total travel sum.
- Cancellation from 13 days to 7 days before the day of departure: 90% of the total travel sum
- Cancellation from 6 days before departure: 100% of the travel sum
If travel and/or cancellation conditions deviate from the standard conditions mentioned above, this will be stated with the relevant trip.